Please consider this page as "work in progress", for discussion, before being introduced to eHOMB for decision.
The following image illustrates the proposed change proposal process for the update of Open NCP Technical specifications.
Proposed change proposal process
Scope of the change proposal process: Update of OpenNCP technical specifications.
Description of the process:
- The requester of the change fills the Change proposal template with the details of the change and submit the change proposal
- Anyone can send a CP to eDSI Solution Provider. This is typically done by directly updating the repository if you have access; otherwise send it an email to the functional mailbox (SANTE-EHEALTH-DSI@ec.europa.eu).
Unrealistic (e.g. "use dropbox") or CPs not in scope of eHealth DSI (e.g. bugs) can be blocked by the DSI Solution Provider
- The new CPs are considered by the eHDSI solution provider (EC) who analizes the CP and consults the OpenNCP Community
- If the proposed change concerns a software bug for instance, it will follow the usual process for software bugs (Jira)
If CP is accepted it is given a CP #, assigned an editor, renamed to CP-eHealthDSI-xxx-00.doc and placed in Assigned. If CP is rejected it is moved to Rejected and submitter is informed of explanation for rejection. Likely reasons for rejection are: duplicate, merged, withdrawn or not enough information to understand the request. Rejected CPs can be resubmitted with more information for reconsideration
- eHDSI SP works with editor to draft the CP. Versions are kept in Assigned directory and numbered -00, -01, -02, etc. When CP is ready, latest version of CP is moved to Completed diretory and old versions are moved to old_versions
DSI Solution Provider:
makes directly decision in case of minor impact to eHealth DSI and the decision will be given for information to eHOMB. eHOMB can take the decision into discussion if necessary
DSI Solution Provider declines CP and the decision will be given for information to eHOMB. eHOMB can take the decision into discussion if necessary.
If CP has major impact DSI Solution Provider will make a proposal to eHOMB who will make the decision. Operational Management Board can consult Member State Expert Group according to the Governance Model. Any member of the eHOMB can also raise the decision to eHealth Network.
- Once approved by eHOMB or eHealth Network the specification becomes official eHealth DSI specification
Change proposal template